During our P.S.H.E. sessions, we have been discussing democracy. We have talked about parliaments and how they may be similar to school. We also looked in some First News newspapers for recent stories about democracy. All off the children in Year 4 were given the chance to vote for their class representative for the school council. Votes were recorded secretly and the children placed them inside a ballot box for them to be counted.
As you may have seen last week, we have been participating in Joe Wicks’ live streams. His workouts require determination and coordination, which the children have found challenging at times.
In our PE sessions, we have continued following his live streams which has enabled us to focus on our coordination and core strength. This has not been easy but the children love it!
Wow what a fantastic few weeks we have had since returning to school. The children have all settled in well and have been getting used to our new routines and class rules.
This term we are learning about the Anglo Saxons. The children have been researching the types of genres Anglo Saxons used to write in and have been exploring the jewellery they would have worn in Art. From this they have created very detailed pencil dictionaries using a variety of shades.
Last week they had lots of fun in science exploring teeth and decay. They are so excited to see the results of their science experiment. Which liquid will have caused the most decay?
Overall it has been a very exciting few weeks!
This term Year 4 have been having brass lessons. On Wednesday afternoon we performed a short concert for our parents. Here is a look at some of our performance.
Untitled from EctonBrookPrimary on Vimeo.
Egyptian Rock from EctonBrookPrimary on Vimeo.
So…Mrs Cameron here; I am hoping that my technological skills have improved enough for me to be successful this evening as I have hopefully uploaded our first online version of the EBPS Gazette for you all to read. If all goes to plan you just need to click on the link below and you should be able to read the whole article. Please send us a message to let us know whether it works or not and if not we’ll ask the wonderful Mrs Timmis to help us out! We hope you enjoy this edition and look forward to updating you with future installments. Thank you to TK (editor of the EBPS Gazette) and his journalists/ reporters for all their hard work in producing each issue.
Wow! What a whirlwind start. So far this term, Year 4 have:
- Visited Grendon Outdoor Centre
- Taken part in a Smarties investigation week
- Started working on our new music scheme (which they are looking forward to sharing with you in our assembly next week)
- Class 10 have been having dance lessons with Natalie which have been great fun and very energetic!
- Some children have chosen to continue having brass lessons and these have now begun (with many of the children already taking their instruments home)
- Some of Class 9 have been developing their Art work with Mrs Watson
- We have had fun using the new astro-turf and other areas of the playground at break and lunchtimes
- Learnt about states of matter in Science
- Taken part in a Quicksticks tournament
- Learnt about Fairtrade
and… eaten a lot of chocolate!!!!